When you are selling your home there are three major factor- price, location and condition, two of which you can control. One of the most common questions I get is “what can I do to make my house sell quickly and for a good price?” Pricing it right is always important but this article is going to focus on condition.
I have prepared a 20 point checklist of inexpensive things you can do to get top dollar and sell as fast as possible. Once you read through the list it should stimulate some more ideas.
I will be glad to take a look at your home and make some suggestions and work with you to set the right price.
Home Seller Checklist- 20 Inexpensive Tips to Sell Faster
1. Spruce up your lanscaping- make your first impression count
2. Try a new doormat.
3. Add some flowers (or evergreens in winter) on your porch.
4. Install some new doorknobs
5. Sealcoat your driveway.
6. Edge the grass around walks and trees.
7. Stash your garden tools
8. Make sure toys are put away
9. Paint your old mailbox or buy a new one
10. Update the outside lighting and make sure it is functioning
11. Make sure your interior lights are on
12. Polish or paint your house numbers
13. Empty your gutters.
14. Use some potpourri or burn scented candles
15. Update the pillows pillows on your couch
16. Buy some flowering plants to add a splash of color
17. Make sure you have centerpieces on your tables
18. Open the curtains to make sure the house appears light and bright
19. Make sure you have fresh and coordinating towels in your bathrooms
20. Put wreath on your front door